Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chess Heads


The boys have discovered chess. Since I knew nothing of strategy or rules or anything I started taking them to a chess club at the library. Joey has actually gotten pretty good at it. He has beat me twice and Jared once. For a long time he was just frustrated because he couldnt win any games (unless we let him) and I kept telling him that there will come a day that I won't be able to beat him anymore. He's got that detailed, analytical brain which makes a good chess player, and which I certainly lack. Jason's pretty good, too, but has been banned from playing recently for unsportmanlike conduct (throwing a tantrum when his queen got captured, and crying and refusing to play if he doesn't get to be white). It's ok, though, because he really likes playing by himself. He always wins.

1 comment:

  1. I should take my time to read the headline properly. I thought it said "Cheese-head" and you were going to be posting about football.

    ReplyDelete