Friday, February 6, 2009

My Adventures in Cake Making

So I decided to get creative for Joey's last birthday and made him an Optimus Prime cake at his request. For those of you who may not know, Optimus Prime is the leader of the good guys in Transformers. He's a red Semi, and this is how it turned out. Kind of pitiful, I know, but I'm rather proud of it anyway. It's like a newborn baby--you think it's absolutely beautiful, then you look back at the pictures months later and realize it was an ugly little lizard.



Then, of course, Jason wanted a Transformers cake for his birthday, too. This time I did Jazz, who is a little white car. No, the cakes don't transform.

Tyler loves cars and racetracks. He wanted Sally, from the Disney movie Cars, and I decided to do something different, so made this race track with Sally (and others) on it.







2 comments:

  1. Jenn, you are SUPER creative. I am so jealous of your cake decorating abilities, You've got mad skills! PS I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this cake one year for Max's birthday. I love the Family Fun Magazine Website. I've used it for ideas on all my boys birthday cakes. I must say though, yours turned out a lot cuter and not so messy looking. I had cookie crumbs and sprinkles everywhere! Good job!

    ReplyDelete