Friday, February 6, 2009

Tyler's Birthday

I really hate doing birthday parties with the kid's friends, so I decided years ago that we were only having family parties. They get to choose what to have for dinner, they get a fun cake, pinata, balloons, and of course presents. I love it and they love it, and so far, no complaints. I'm considering a friend party for Joey's 8th birthday, though. I think 8 will be the only friend party we do, for all of them.
Here's how we decided what to eat for dinner that day:
Me: What do you want for dinner for your birthday?
Tyler: umm . . . toast.
Me: Toast? Wouldn't you rather have hot dogs or something?
Tyler: Yeah! Hot dogs!
Me: Or pizza . . .
Tyler: Yeah! Pizza!
Me: So . . . what do you want?
Tyler: Cake.

We went with pizza

He got cars for his birthday, Thomas underwear (wishful thinking), a Cars pillowcase, and a big boy bed. I'll have to post a picture of it later because he's sleeping in it right now, and heaven forbid I should wake him up. That's always dangerous business. He LOVED his racetrack cake. He was a little concerned that he wasn't going to get his cars back, though.

The pinata, which, as always, was unbreakable and had to be ripped apart by me in the end.







No comments:

Post a Comment